My goal in life is to turn this little boy into a Southern gentleman.
I’m adamant that he grow up to be well-mannered, well-spoken, and know how to effectively woo the RIGHT woman.
I’m adamant about this because I had to deal with many idiots before I met my husband.
Here is a brief run down:
1. The mama’s boy with the crazy ass family.
2. The one who said God “told” him he was supposed to marry me. (check, please!)
3. The stalker. Which was nice in the beginning … not so much after a week or so.
4. The one who seemed perfect, but couldn’t commit (this was a major disappointment).
5. The religious fanatic who made a pact not to kiss a girl before engagement.
6. The one who had no sense of identity.
7. The one who thought I was fat and wanted me to stop eating carbs.
one several ones who were too afraid to ask me out.
I don’t know how you raise a little boy into a self-confident man who isn’t afraid to chase a woman, but at the same time isn’t a man-whore … but I’m going to give it my best. I think that it’s the mother’s responsibility to train her sons to be mannerly, but the father needs to teach him how to be a MAN.
We’re starting by learning how to say “yes ma’am” and “no sir” and “please,” “thank you,” and “excuse me.”