Modern Mommy Madness has been nominated for a Liebster Award! Thank you for noticing me, No Such Fairytale! (Twitter handle: @nosuchfairytale)
Now, I’m kind of a Grinch and don’t usually participate in these things … which may explain why only a few hundred people read my blog. But first … are you confused about what I’m talking about? Because up until a few minutes ago I was completely clueless.
The Liebster is an award that only exists on the internet, given to bloggers by other bloggers, generally to bloggers who don’t have a massive following (yet!). The rules are pretty simple, from what I can gather:
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions sent to you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers, notify them that they have been nominated, and ask them 11 questions thought up by YOU!
4. Kick back with a drink. (I added this step.)
Whew! I’m worn out already.
11 Random Facts:
1. I’m left-handed.
2. I went to boarding school for grades 9-12.
3. Bible college was not for me.
4. I did not discover coffee until I was in my twenties.
5. My mother once told me she thinks Starbucks laces their coffee with cocaine.
6. I’m an only child.
7. I have very short eyelashes and was infinitely relieved when my children inherited my husband’s dark, thick lashes.
8. Home ownership was not for me.
9. I am very unclear on how to “bone” a chicken.
10. I used to write bad poetry.
11. Now I write essays.
Here are the questions I’ve been given to answer:
1. What’s your drink? What would you order at a bar if there were no repercussions – financial, health, or otherwise?
Very pricey red wine. But I don’t know what kind, because I’ve never been in the position to learn about pricey wines.
2. What is your dream vacation?
I have trouble thinking past what it would be like just to escape for a handful of days with my husband. I guess right now, anything would do.
3. Tell me about your best day.
My best day … ever? I’ve had a lot of best days. My wedding day, the day I gave birth to each of my three kids, my 34th birthday. Those were all best days.
4. What was your first car?
OH. I’m very proud of my first car. It was a 1989 Dodge Diplomat, purchased for $600 cash at the Louisiana State Auction. It was an old cop car — very fast, very beat-up, with no way to get out of the back seat.
5. Where did you fit in high school?
Ugh. I don’t want to talk about high school.
6. Are you a texter or a caller?
I am very much a texter.
7. Everyone is a work in progress. What thing would you change about yourself if you could snap your fingers and make it happen?
I’d choose to be a more relaxed person.
8. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I think part of me always wanted to be a writer.
9. Now, what do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What time do you go to bed at night?
11. What is your worst habit?
Stressing. I’m a worrier.
Here are the 11 questions I will direct to the bloggers I’ve nominated:
1. What one thing do you love about yourself?
2. What is your greatest strength?
3. Who do you draw energy from or enjoy being around?
4. What types of activities drain you?
5. What kind of person is your alter ego?
6. Name your favorite comfort food.
7. Favorite place to spend a rainy afternoon.
8. What do you do after the kids go to bed?
9. What do you wish you could change about your life?
10. Do you believe in prayer?
11. What beauty product has never failed you?
AND … GO!